Thursday, November 26, 2009

Today, I am Thankful for: Today.

Once again, I just ran out of time to blog over the last two days. It is crazy how busy the last 48 hours got. Work was nuts both days, plus cleaning, packing, and traveling = tired Jen. But it was all sooooo worth it.

On Tuesday I was going to blog about being Thankful for my Dad and my sister. I know just how lucky I am to have the family I do. My father is my hero. I'm certainly Daddy's little girl. He brought music into my life, and I can't tell you how big of an impact that had. But more recently, my dad and I have found a communication groove that I just love. We talk tech. We talk sports. We talk world news. We discuss things I didn't really appreciate when I was younger. And I love to hear about what he thinks - it always makes me think. I'm so thankful to have a father that I have a great relationship with. I'm so thankful that both of my parents are so much more - they are both my close friends.

And my sister - ha! Don't even get me started. She's amazing. I mean yea - she's annoying as all get out sometimes. She's super set in her ways and more stubborn than I am. But - she's my sister. She's so creative and so smart. She's such a fighter - in a good way. She sticks to her guns and her beliefs, and she loves with all of her heart. She keeps me on my toes. As the big sister, I'm always worried about her, even when we both know I don't need to be. But I'm lucky enough to have gotten along with her over the years, and because of that, she talks to me. She comes to me with things. I know things no one else knows about her because I'm her confidant. She's a wonderful young woman that I love to hang out with. She's got such a great sense of style and flair that I love to watch. And we have so much fun when we are together. We laugh. We sing. Sometimes we even dance! And who else can I do that with? Not many people, for sure. I'm so lucky to have her in my life. I'm thankful to have a great relationship with her. I've always said she was my first best friend. And she still is. I'm thankful for my sister.

Yesterday I was going to blog that I am thankful for my friends. All of you. You know who you are. I am so blessed to have such great friends. A group of girls that can't be beat. Some great guys that are simply beyond compare. I've got friends that listen, friends that always say what I need to hear, friends that are always there (both metaphorically and physically) whenever I need them - without questioning why they are answering a phone call at 3am or standing in a parking lot 20 minutes from home in their PJ's because my keys are locked in my car. I'm one of those people that is kind of fearless. And I think I have that part of me because I've never felt alone. I've always had good close friends nearby to back me up - forget about whether I'm right or wrong. (If I'm wrong, we'll just have a chit-chat about it later, right?). I'm so thankful for your friendship. I am so thankful for your loyalty. I am so thankful for the warmth that you've wraped around me countless times. I can't ever express to you how special each and every one of you are to me. It can't be done. Just know that I love you, and thank God that He placed you in my life.

And today, I'm so Thankful for one thing. This:


I am so Thankful for my amazing and loving family. I couldn't have asked for better people in my life. There is so much love in this group and I'm so lucky to be a part of it all. I'm thankful for our traditions. I'm thankful for the laughter. I'm thankful for the memories.

I'm thankful for my Family.

Thanks so much for reading! This was fun! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment