Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Today, I am Thankful for: Rolly Chairs, Blokus, And Glee!

Gah!!!! I've missed 2 days!!! Sorry people, time just got away from me.

Ok, to make up for it, here was Monday's Thankful Item: Rolly Chairs.

Yup - you heard me. Office chairs that have wheels on the bottom of them so you can roll. Gotta tell ya - LIFE SAVERS in my office. My boss's desk is about 15 feet from me. Close enough to talk, but not close enough to throw things safely, or see her computer screen. So... when I need to be about 3 feet from her (about 8-10 times a day) I roll.

Oh - and I have not 1, but 2 desks. Have I ever mentioned that? Yea - computer desk is the main one, about about 6 feet to my right is my second desk, where I do all of our office shipping and catalog "stuff." This second desk holds a good 20% of my day! So, I roll.

Rolly chairs - the vehicle of the modern office. That's how I roll. And I'm Thankful. ;-)


Tuesday's Thankful Item: Blokus.

If you have never played this game (or even heard of it), DUDE. It is an awesome game. It's a puzzle, and looks like Tetris, but slightly different. It is seriously HOURS of fun for me and Anthony, and last night - we picked up the "Travel" version for our trip to Reno for Thanksgiving. It's so cool! We played it last night before we went to bed, just to make sure all the pieces were there. (And to anyone who's played with our normal size set - the blue "one piece" actually came with this one! Woot!).

Blokus makes me think. It makes me strategize. And I CAN BEAT ANTHONY AT IT!!! I am so thankful for the fun it brings to our home.

And Today's Thankful Item: Glee.

If you aren't a Glee fan... well, then we simply can't be friends anymore. ;-) Just kidding. But seriously - BEST.SHOW.EVER. But the best part for me isn't that the show litterally mirrors my life in High School, or that there is FINALLY a "HSM" for adults, or that this craze of singing kids is sweeping the nation. Nope - the best part for me is that Alyse, my sister, comes over to our house to watch it with us. Every week. Without fail. I get my time with her, diving into a world we've been a part of for sooooooooo long and is finally COOL!!! We are at home with this show, and we get silly and excited when it comes on. (Like when we litterally SCREAMED out loud when Emma sang for the first time! AND she sang "Could Have Danced All Night" from my fair lady. I mean, is there a better song out there for her? I think not!)

So I'm thankful for the show, and how happy it makes me. But most of all I'm thankful for one more thing my sister and I have in common and can share. Because my time with her is priceless.

-Jen

2 comments:

  1. Um I though Emma sang something from The King and I?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope! It was "Could have danced All Night" from My Fair Lady. But, there is a dancing song from the Kind and I that Anna sings - so you might be thinking of that one.

    ReplyDelete