Thursday, November 5, 2009

Today, I am Thankful for: Charming Pet Products

Bloggy-blog #1 of my "I am Thankful" Series.

Today, I am thankful for "Charming Pet Products." This is the company I work for. And I'm thankful for them for a myriad of reasons. First of which is: I HAVE A JOB!! I was laid off from Stanford in April, and finding work in this economy was no easy feat! But Charming (as we call it) has embraced me with open arms... and a much needed pay check.

So, yes. I'm thankful to have a job at all. I know not everyone around me is so lucky. And while I could easily complain trivial things like my pay is lower than I'm accustomed, or the work isn't part of my desired field, or whatever else there possibly is to complain about (can't be much I only came up with 2!), why would I? I have a job. I'm thankful.

But I am duly thankful for the job in-and-of-itself. I am thankful that I am busy most of the day. I am thankful that I believe in the company and our products. I am thankful that it is a relaxed setting (as I sit here in Jeans and a T-shirt). And I am super thankful that the hours are flexible. For example. Just a few weeks ago, a friend needed a mid-day lift to the airport. My boss said, "come in an hour early and take a 2 hour lunch. Help your friend." Easy peasy.

I am thankful that I get to bring my dog to work! Pup, bless him, is such a fickle little guy. Being alone ALL DAY upsets him - and then we get things like torn up bathroom trash or knocked over tray tables or "gifts" of the most unpleasant kind when we get home. So I am SO THANKFUL that I get to bring the little mooch...er... I mean pooch to work with me every morning. He gets a car ride that he cherishes, he gets exercise when Henry (the Boss's dog) chases him around the office, and he is only alone for 4 hours in the afternoon, which he can TOTALLY handle. Problems solved. So I am very thankful for that.

Ooooooo! And I'm Thankful that I work close enough to home that I get to go home for lunch with the Hubby pretty much daily! SUPER BONUS!

And most importantly, I am thankful for my bosses, Christine & Nick. They aren't just bosses, they are becoming friends. Not only do they treat me as an equal around here, but they share their lives (which, with two little ones is never boring!) with me, and let me share mine with them. I feel a certain amount of respect for the knowledge I bring to the table, and for the first time in a long time, I feel truly appreciated for the work I accomplish.

So, as I sit here at my Charming desk at the end of the day - noticing that both bosses have left for the day, leaving me to my own devices and trusting that it's all gotten done (which it has), that I really couldn't be more blessed with the job that finally said "Yes!" to me. I promise to not take it (or anything that goes along with it) for granted.

I am Thankful for Charming Pet Products. =)
-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment