Saturday, November 14, 2009

Today, I am Thankful for: A clean house and Popsicles

Gah! I did it again! I TOTALLY forgot about blogging yesterday. Plumb forgot. BUT I forgot because of what I was doing instead - cleaning my house.

So, yesterday, I would have written that I am Thankful for a Clean house:
Jen confession #82 - I am not always the cleanest person in the world... I can be sort of "messy."
Jen confession #83 - I have a neat freak buried deep in me somewhere and she comes out a couple of times a year.

One of those times was yesterday. Maybe it was because the house had literally exploded at the seams. Maybe it was because I'd vacuumed at work, caught the cleaning bug, and brought it home with me. Maybe it was because my Mother-In-Law was coming over the next day. It was most likely a combo of all three. Either way, Anthony and I came home from work yesterday, ate dinner, changed clothes, and cleaned our apartment - top to bottom.

Anthony cleaned the kitchen until it sparkled. I put everything away and dusted the whole house. DUSTED! I even got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed our bathroom floor! We finally finished unpacking everything, and all of our "stuff" has finally found a home. We did laundry and vaccuumed and put all the dog toys away. Dude, let me tell you - MY.HOUSE.IS.CLEAN. So clean that when my MIL came over this morning, she commented! She told me my house looked nice and clean!!! (I know that Elissa and Becka are reading this and their jaws are hitting the floor) You have to know Linda - but if there ever was a woman out there who would win a Gold Medal if "cleaning house" was an Olympic Sport, it would be her. Talk about clean freak! So when SHE thinks MY house is clean... It's like wow.

If you know me well, I'm not really the one who seeks approval. The way I do things is just that - How I do things. And if you don't like it, tough toenails. BUT there are a few things that I can't help but get excited about when I hear them - like when I bake/cook something and my mom thinks it tastes great. Or when I solve a puzzle and Anthony give me props. This is one of those times... A seal of approval on a clean house from the MIL makes me feel pretty good.

But the best part? I freakin LOVE my apartment. And I love it a million times more when it is clean. There is so much space! And it's so cute! (If I do say so, myself!) It's small, and slightly eclectic, but it's ours. And we are so happy here. I can relax in my livingroom when it's this clean. So I'm thankful for my clean house.

As for today, I am Thankful for Popsicles.

Yup. Popsicles.

As I was writing this, I couldn't figure out what I wanted to tell you all that I was Thankful for for today. And then, Anthony, without me even asking, brought me my last creamsicle in the box. It made me so happy! And I knew what to write about.

I insist on always having them in the freezer. Currently there is half a box of Chocolate Pops left. But creamsicles are my favorite. Mmmmm. Gotta love that creamy center! I love that popsicles can be fruity, creamy, or chocolatey. I love that they are always sweet, and always COLD. (Obviously, right?) Popsicles just make me happy! And it makes me even happier to know that my husband knows me so well. So tonight, I am thankful for that cold, sweet treat. I am thankful that it is one of those "simple things" that Anthony can do for me. I am thankful for the happy feeling I get when I eat one. So yea - I'm Thankful for Popsicles. ;-)

-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment