Sunday, November 22, 2009

Today, I am Thankful for: Sunday

And on the 7th day, God rested...

Boy did He have it right. It has been a super long week. And on top of it all, Anthony AND the dog got sick, so I've been doing all I can to care for them, and to keep the house together. Thank goodness Anthony is no where near as big a baby as I am when I'm sick!

The good news is that Pup is better. He's much happier, and we aren't dealing with the accidents or messes of a couple of days ago. And while Ant isn't better yet, he's on his way. He went to the doctor - of his own accord (miracle of miracles!) and got meds. He's been on a codeine induced rest regimen since Friday. He should be good to go for our little trip on Wednesday. Woot! Now if I can only keep myself healthy, we will be right on track! Knock on wood and keep those fingers crossed!

One way I'm ensuring I stay well: resting.

I know that is such a simple concept, but it is so important. I know so many people out there, especially during this time of year, think they don't have the time to rest. I keep saying it isn't about "having" the time. It's about "making" the time. Otherwise, you'll get sick and your body will take you out of the game for much longer than you had anticipated in the first place.

So today, we are home. I've gotten several things done, most of which take more mental effort that physical effort. And Anthony is enjoying his video games and my company. We ran all of our errands for the weekend yesterday for the sole purpose of being able to stay home today. And while I have a lot to get done today, I'm doing it all from my couch.

And I think a nap will be in order later. Oh - forgot to blog yesterday, so there you go. Yesterday, I was Thankful for Naps, wishing I could have taken one. I'll make up for it today!

I'm thankful for the down time. I'm thankful for the company. I'm thankful that my little family will be healthy and happy this Thanksgiving, and that is really all I can ask for. I'm thankful for restful Sundays.

-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment