Thursday, November 5, 2009

So many new toys!

Hi All!

Ok, so this blog is going to be a jumble of thoughts and craziness!

First off, CherryTree Threads is online!!! Check us out at CherryTreeThreads.etsy.com and take a look around. Right now I've only got 9 pieces of Jewelry up, but a few blankets, aprons, and a few "Holiday" items are in the works and should be up in the next few weeks. Great gift ideas here people!!!

Also - I want to know what you think! I need all the help and (constructive!) criticism I can get! So facebook me with feedback, or email me at cherrytreethreads@gmail.com

I also will do custom jobs! So if you are looking for something for yourself, or for a great gift for a friend/loved one, let me know! I'd love to work it out.

Onto the next thing - this blog is also a TEST RUN! My friend, Amy, pointed me in the direction of TwitterFeed.com (I stalked the info on twitter, Amy! Thanks!) Supposedly, if I set it up right, this blog should appear on my Facebook, and a URL to it should appear on my twitter. We'll see if I did it right.

If you aren't already following me on twitter - click "Follow Me on Twitter" off to the right hand side of the blog! CherryTree will have one soon. We'll update every time we add an item to the site.

Enough with business... On a more personal agenda - I have to apologize. I know several of you have been waiting patiently for the next installment of "The Cupcake Project." It is to be a replica of "Starry Night" in icing. Crazy, I know. Unfortunately, I must put the entire project on hold for a little bit. With the holidays coming, and us being the Newlyweds figuring out budgets and such, money is not something I can spend at will. And truth be told, cupcakes happen to be one of my more expensive hobbies. So sorry, but Starry Night won't happen until sometime after the New Year. Forgive me. I'll make it up to you. You can come eat the cupcakes when I finally do finish it. ;-)

In it's place, I've taken on a few other (much lower cost) ideas. First of which is a journey my Friend Miranda and I plan to take together and document. In an attempt to open up our creative brains, we are blindly following a book I bought a few months back called "Wreak this journal." It is a journal that tells you to do absolutely outrageous things to it, in it, around it, etc. in an effort to get you to be more creative. It is meant to be totally left up to our interpretations. So that will be fun to see, and interesting to learn what comes out of it. More on that soon.

Next, I took yet another idea from my friend Amy and modified it. Every Year she does a "December Daily" where she writes a short blog for every day of December. In the blog she covers everything from Holiday Traditions, to photo's of the season, to what she's doing with her family and friends in the Christmas Spirit! Looks like fun! But so as not to steal her thunder (just her wonderful ideas!) I'm starting now. And then, of course, the Theme will be "Thanksgiving." Everyday (starting today - right after I finish this blog) I am going to write a small blurb about something I am Thankful for. I'll do it right up to Thanksgiving day! Should be fun! Please feel free to also steal the idea. I'd love to hear all about what everyone around here is Thankful for this Holiday Season.

Lastly, I'm working on some blog ideas for December. The Holiday season is my favorite time of year - not just for the obvious reasons of cheer and good food - but for the togetherness. The events that surround the holidays that ensure I see people I wouldn't otherwise see, and the people I choose to spend my time with. The holiday season brings out the best in people and I love the festiveness of it all. So I'll be blogging about some of my favorite Holiday Traditions, as well as exploring some new ones! Should be a fun adventure.

Lots and lots to come from the bloggy-blog. Hope I can keep up!

Have a great day, everyone!
-Jen

1 comment:

  1. confession: I don't think I'm doing my December Daily this year ... too many other things. Feel free to steal my thunder :)

    ReplyDelete