Thursday, November 19, 2009

Today, I am Thankful for: socks

By show of hands, who likes to wear socks? Anyone? Anyone?

Well, I do. I LOVE socks. They are so comfy and so squishy and soft and warm! A good pair of socks really can't be beat.

But, of course, they can't be just any socks. No, my socks have character. For example: one of my favorite pairs is the powder blue pair with rainbow paw prints all over them. Or what about the white ones with he multi-colored shamrocks? I have socks for pretty much every holiday, too. Christmas, Easter, Halloween, just to name a few.

I also have several different colors of argyle, and some more subtle patterns that I could wear to work under dress pants. But NONE of my socks are plain. Even my tennis shoe socks have a stripe or a color or a small pattern on them. Each pair of socks has it's own personality. I love to wear them and show them off when I can.

Now that the weather has turned cooler, I get to wear socks! I'm so happy! Currently I'm wearing the multi-colored shamrocks. Tomorrow? Who knows. It is all about what I choose to wear and what mood I'm in. But I'm thankful that this subtle accessory of mine makes me feel so good. I'm thankful for the comfort they bring. I'm thankful that they keep my feet warm, too! I'm Thankful for MY socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment