Thursday, December 10, 2009

Another Day like any other

Hi Gang!

Sorry it's taken me so long to get something up here. It's been 2 weeks! Yikes!

Life has been so busy at home and at work lately, that blogging totally feel to the wayside. Work this week was crazy due to a HUGE computer crash we had. Lost a lot of data that we had to recover by re-entering it all back into the system manually. Not so fun. And on the home front, preparing for Christmas, seeing our families, and trying to start our own traditions has taken up almost all of our time. What time isn't taken up has been devoted to CherryTree. We are up and running on Etsy.com (cherrytreethreads.etsy.com) and I've loving it all. Life is pretty good, tho! Well - mostly...

I'd like to take a moment and say a little prayer for my Aunt Lynda, who passed away one week ago, today. She fought a ridiculously tough battle with breast cancer for the past 15 years, and even though she passed away due to the cancer, I'm proud to say that she actually won that fight. She rode the wave of borrowed time for longer than any Doctor predicted. And she lived up every moment. She had 3 kids - all married - and 9 (nine!!!) Grandchildren. She traveled and worked right up to the end, and I couldn't be prouder of her defiance. In her son's words at her memorial: "Cancer certainly did not define her." She was a trooper and a wonderful woman who will be missed.

A Prayer for my Aunt:
BROKEN CHAIN
“Little knew that morning that God was going to call your name. In life we loved you dearly, in death we do the same. It broke our hearts to lose you, you did not go alone; for part of us went with you the day God called you home. You left us peaceful memories, your love is still our guide, and though we cannot see you, you are always by our side. Our family chain is broken and nothing seems the same, but as God calls us one by one, the chain will link again.”

Life is so crazy. My mother always told me, "If you want to make God laugh, then make a plan." She, as always, was right. Plans go awry. My Aunt's passing was jut another example. We thought she'd be here to share Christmas with all of us. So as the holidays approach, I'm not making plans, so much as I'm trying to make opportunities for memories. I plan to have my camera with me every second (much to Anthony's dismay) and fully intend to document our memories here on my blog.

I'll do a blog about our Thanksgiving Traditions (hopefully) this weekend. I have so many pictures to share with all of you. I also have to do a blog on my friend, Danica's Wedding. Then, coming up is Christmas Tree Hunting, Christmas parties, and our Christmas Traditions, followed by our trip up north for NYE. Lots to come.

It is odd to not be coming up with something new to be Thankful for every day and writing about it. Truth be told, I don't have the time right now to do that. But I definitely think about these things every day. And I'm thankful for all of you who read my ramblings!

Work is going well. I've had a hand in two new toy lines that will be coming out in early 2010. Can't wait to show them to you. Dog Lovers out there, get ready for some cool stuff!!!

I promise to do my best from here on out not to go more than a week without blogging. Keep up with your blogs too! I love reading them. I want to hear all about your holiday traditions.

Have a great evening!
-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment