Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cupcake Project - Bagels and Lox

This week: Bagels and Lox. This is the picture from the book:

This is the picture of my finished Product:
What do you think? This week was fun! A little more time consuming than last week, but just as fun. I think I'm getting a little better at frosting the cupcakes, and I think my "artistic liberties" with the final product aren't all that liberal. I think they look pretty close!

This time around, we've got Lemon Cupcakes with vanilla frosting. The frosting is yellow, and the cupcake acts as the "plate" for the bagel. The "bagel" is made of a mini donut with black sugar sprinkles to look like poppi seeds. The "cream cheese" is vanilla frosting, the "lox" is an orange starburst, and the "capers" are green apple licorice.

And can I just say that I LOVE my Kitchen Aid. It keeps up with everything I throw at it. Or, in it, I guess. :-)

This time around, I used the correct size ziploc bags, and I gotta say that the book knows it's stuff. It was EXACTLY the right amount for each batch. Genius.
See! The bag is totally empty! And the cups are all 2/3 full!
Yummy Finished Product. And for some reason, I just love this picture. Go Anthony!

My taste testing, photo taking, upside down husband.
Making the donuts and the Lox:
And Voila! Bagel and Lox!
This batch made 24 cupcakes. This time around I took the whole batch to Beckie at her office to share with her co-workers who caught wind of my project and so nicely volunteered to be taste testers! Thanks guys! Hope you liked them!!!
Next project will be later this week (in time for game night) and will be "Buttered Popcorn."
-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment