Saturday, August 29, 2009

Buttered Popcorn Cupcakes!

Today's battle: MINI CUPCAKES!!!

And when I say Mini, I mean teenie-weenie!! 3 of these little babies equals one regular size cupcake! A batch of batter that makes 24 regular cupcakes made 72 (count them! 72!) Mini Cupcakes. Wowzers. And I have special cupcake pans and liners just for them! Check it out!

See! Lots of Mini Cupcakes!!!Today's project required a LOT of work. I cut 200 mini marshmallows into 3 pieces each to make the bottom part of the pieces of popcorn. I laid them out in a leaf pattern, and then put a dab of frosting in the center of each grouping. I added a whole marshmallow on top of the frosting to complete the kernel. It was cool! They really looked like popcorn!



Buttered Popcorn means both yellow and white marshmallows. Vanilla cupcakes and vanilla frosting! Yummy!

We took them to Family Game Night to share with everyone. They were a big hit!!! And I thought they were cute! My favorite so far.

Next project is a combo! TV Dinner, Spaghetti & Meatballs, & a box of Chocolates. Yay!!! I love this project!

-Jen

2 comments:

  1. holy geeze that is a lot of work!
    p.s. spaghetti and meatballs cake that angela lingrosso's mom made for her bridal shower - http://twitpic.com/f0w96

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! I'm making the cupcake version next week sometime. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete